Individual Relationship Counselling for Intimate Relationship Challenges
Although ‘being in a relationship’ or ‘being single’ may be more important to some than to others, our ‘relationship status’ still remains one of the norms by which our society measures us.
You may be completely relaxed about being single, but be feeling under pressure from your peers or family, to be ‘in’ a relationship.
Or it may be that you are the one putting the pressure on yourself – you are not in a relationship but you feel that it is really important to find one.
Or you may be perceived as one of the ‘lucky ones’ – in a relationship, but in fact you are not happy (and do not feel lucky), perhaps not knowing why you feel this way or how to make things better.
Individual relationship counselling explores you issues around your intimate relationships.
It is a reality that the ‘norm’ of ‘you must be in a relationship to be happy’ creates various pressures on individuals. Here are some of them, which you may be familiar with:
I am in a relationship but I’m not happy
- Are you feeling anxious, unable to communicate with your partner?
- Do you feel you are not being yourself?
- Are you feeling bored in the relationship?
- Is there lack of trust between you?
- You may be feeling guilty over an affair
- Or worrying that your partner is having an affair
- Are you worried that you or your partner are not committed to the relationship
- Maybe one of you wants a family but not both of you
I’m single but really want to be in a loving relationship
- Are you always falling ‘for the same person’ (perhaps incidentally ‘someone just like my mum/dad’)?
- Are you worried about being judged and then, sooner or later, rejected?
- Are you anxious about committing to one person in case you make the wrong choice?
- Are you accused of ‘commitment phobia’?
- Do you always seem to end up with a ‘commitment phobic’ person?
- Does the ‘biological clock’ make you feel anxious and seen as ‘desperate’
- Are you still recovering from previous relationship breakup?
Individual Relationship Counselling in London
Relationship Counselling can help you explore these problems and find ways to work through them or move on from them. It will also help you get to the roots of your difficulties, which may stem from self-esteem issues, adverse life experiences which affect your perception of the world and your life – like bereavement, loss, illness, or simply from an inability to communicate your truth across in a clear manner…which is an easily mastered set of assertiveness skills